Open Mail and Download File

This topic is 6463 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All,

We have a new client that will emailing us a text file that needs to be imported into our database on a daily basis. I can get the file imported automatically using the automator plugin with filemaker, but I hav no way of automatically downloading the attachment from the email. If there is an applescript that someone could come up with, that would save me ALOT of time.

Thanks in Advance.

Would it be worth dragging the attachment to the desktop and then having FM search (using a script) the desktop rather than using Applescript?

The email comes in, you recognize it, drag it, fire up the appropriate FM file . . .

Hi Jeff,

Actually I need some sort of automatic function to check my email, and if it goes into a certain folder, open that email and download the attachment to a specific folder so I can have an automatic schedule to import it.

Any help would be appreciated.

You should've bought dacon's MailIt... not only does it download the messages directly to FM, have the ability to store the attachments in FM -- you can also run scripts on a set interval.. Plus i like their support guys :(

Im not saying it's the end of the road though -- Microsoft after all has built in VBA into all of office -- and where there's VBA, there's always some dodgey way of using Apple script... hmmm, okay, no Wim help here.. do some research?

This topic is 6463 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.