Server Maintenance This Week. ×

calculations and relationships

darno

This topic is 6455 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok... a nice challenge here: 2 different issues in a pretty complicated database.

I attach the file right away.

Description: It is supposed to be used for entering financial states data: using the "Viewer" layout. The "codes" table define the elements that are entered manually or calculated. It contains a "Formule" field that determines how every code is calculated. When it is simply entered manually, the "Formule" only contains it's own code. The codes contained in "Formule" are duplicated in the "CalculationSteps" table, used as the reference for matching the data and the formula, in a Value list: "CalculatedReference".

Using the "Result" calculation field in the table "Codes", it seems that I can get the appropriate result...

The first Problem: I would need this result to be in a field of the "Sommes", "prevSommes" and "prevprevSommes" tables, as I need the result also for the previous Financial States and not only the one being edited. However, I placed a similar calculation field in the "Sommes" table, and it returns "?"

The second problem: Some values defined in the codes are determined from the previous financial states results, as the 6108, 6208 and 6308, that are "the adjusted stocks values for the previous financial year". I just have no idea how I could do it! For now, the terms that refer to the previous financial state are identified with a leading "p" in the "Formule" field (table "Codes"), but nothing is functionnal. Any idea?

Thanks.

FStests.zip

mmmmh, I just found out that the entire thing doesn't work at all! even when I link the tables prevsommes and prevprevsommes to the global fields that contain the date of the previous financial states, the result returned in the portal does not correspond to the values of the previous financial state!

If no one explains to me by monday, I will decide that I am not smart enough to understand how Filemaker works and I give up!

• 2 weeks later...

After looking at that the database you posted, I have to say that it is a lot more complicated than most of the forum users are capable of.

If you think

that I am not smart enough to understand how Filemaker works and I give up!

I guess a lot of us are in trouble.

Bill

This topic is 6455 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.