auto-start IWP on system startup

This topic is 6448 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've got a small IWP app developed by a guy that works fine, except we can't get it to stay up on the server.

We need Filemaker 8.5 to automatically come up on the server, when the server boots. Otherwise, we can only run it by logging on to the windows server...remotely, we're in Colorado & the server is in Texas...we can then use the App, IWP is listening on the port...

But as soon as we log off our "admin" remote logon to Windows, FM comes down.

A frustrating call to support got a recommendation to go from $300 Filemaker Pro to $1000 Filemaker Server. Pretty much unacceptable, and I strongly suspect I got a moron on the call to support.

Anyone know a CLI call that'll both bring up FM, and also open the database(s) we need? If so, I'll code a script that runs on system (re)boot.

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether simply adding a shortcut for your db file in the Startup folder of the server would fire it up or not, but it's worth a try.

If that doesn't work, you might try making a shortcut for the FM executable and adding commandline options for the db file. Offhand, I don't know whether that is even possible; I haven't tried it out.

David

This topic is 6448 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.