remove pictures

This topic is 6449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My solution has four fields for pictures. When I started this was not a big deal but it has grown to thousands of pictures.

How do I take the pictures out and replace them with a reference?

I am using FM 8 Advanced, thanks, on a Mac.

Michael Spencer

I moved your question from "Relationships Topic" to this one, because it matches the sprit of your question better.

The answer to removing photos in version 8, is given here Here by comment. If you read the Thread, you will see that there are some things to be aware, but I think that we pointed out what to look for.

Be sure you are working on a [color:blue]copy of the file, and start with a small found set as a test. After you have removed the photos, then you will want to reimport them using the Reference File Only option.

HTH

Lee

Edited by Guest

Thanks for moving me to a better home!

In the meanwhile, you know what I did? As I am still working with many files, rather than many tables in one file, I just duplicated the file and deleted fields as appropriate from each, maintaining the key field. This separated by plant pictures from the plant data.

Messy but it appears to have worked, and now somebody is going to tell me what I did wrong!

Michael

This topic is 6449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.