Rename a file with Applescript.

This topic is 8175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I figured it out thanks. I put together an applescript to tell bbedit to fill a file with what I want and save it with the file name I want. I don't even need to export. horay

Where do you find plug-ins like that? Yes, I'm clueless. I've been using FM for years and only found this site today!

quote:

Originally posted by Drew Cover:

I figured it out thanks. I put together an applescript to tell bbedit to fill a file with what I want and save it with the file name I want. I don't even need to export. horay

Where do you find plug-ins like that? Yes, I'm clueless. I've been using FM for years and only found this site today!

www.troi.com

www.newmillennium.com

www.wmotion.com

--->all 3 are FSA Partners. Excellent plug-ins.

Old Advance Man

I would like a database to export one html file for each record in the database.

I thought of writing a FM script which found each record in turn, omitting the rest, and doing "export found". The problem is that using FM scripting there doesn't seem to be anyway to give the different files different names.

Thom in another thread, very helpfully, suggested using AppleScript to rename the file after it has been exported. The problem with that is that I know squat about AppleScript. I am willing to learn. I opened the script editor, opened the Finder's dictionary. There are lots of commands there: Open, Close, Quit, Print,... but not Rename.

Anyone?

Anyone know of another way to save one field as a text file with the filename given by another field of the same record?

This topic is 8175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.