Portal Issue

Greg G

This topic is 6357 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm just stumped on this one.

I have a portal that displays a calculation field. The result of the field is a container.

The Problem: The field does not display its contents when it is in the first row of the portal. All other rows display just fine and as soon as I add a row above it then displays properly.

Thanks in advance.

I just looked at this after I posted one about an opposite problem.

Are you saying that it is not showing when the first row of the portal is showing other data coming from the first record?

What is the calculation doing?

I am assuming that you have the relationship that the portal is built on set to allow creation of records in the related table?

Thanks for the reply.

The portal works fine in every other aspect except this one. I can create and delete records through the portal just fine. The problem exists with any calculation field whose result is a container.

Basically I have a container field that will show one of two colors based on a relationship. This works fine in parent table. When I view the field in a portal it will only sow the color when it is not the first row of the portal. As soon as I create a record/row above it the containers show their color. If I delete the first record/row, the second record that has now become the first record/row no longer displys properly. Every other type of field has been working as expected.

I just read your other post regarding your problem and it sounds like we are doing a similar thing in our portals. When a user types a value in a field and it is a exact match to the value in the same field of the previous record I have a container that is behind the text field show a color to highlight it.

Edited by Guest

So I still have not been able to find a solution to this problem.

The only work around (and it's not that great) is to make sure that there is an empty record as the first portal row. This creates other issues for me so I hope a solution is possible.

It just makes no sense to me why the first portal row would not display the contents of a calculation field with a container result. What makes it more confusing is that I have other portals that seem to work just fine. What am I missing?

Greg

Basically I have a container field that will show one of two colors based on a relationship. This works fine in parent table. When I view the field in a portal it will only sow the color when it is not the first row of the portal

Not the most efficient way, use unicode graphical chars and attribute your calc's with colours.

--sd

• 5 months later...

This topic is 6357 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.