Performing EXACT finds

This topic is 8669 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know how to perform an EXACT find on your database through the web? For example, if I have a "Locations" field with, for example text such as, San Diego in 3 records and San Diego-Clairmont in 4 records. When I do a search through the web on my "Locations" field for San Diego I only want those showing San Diego not the ones that include the word Clairmont.

I have included the tag <name="-op" value=eq> but that doesn't give EXACT finds.

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" width="61.8%">

<tr><th align="right">Field Name 1:</th><td align="left"><input type="hidden" name="field name1" value="=="><input type="text" name="field name1" value="" size="25"></td></tr>

<tr>

<th align="right">Field Name 2:</th><td align="left"><input type="hidden" name="field name2" value="=="><input type="text" name="field name2" value="" size="8"></td></tr>

<tr>

<th align="right">Field Name 3:</th><td align="left"><input type="hidden" name="field name3" value="=="><input type="text" name="field name3" value="" size="12"></td></tr>

</table>

<center>

How many fields do you want to exact search? Just keep adding.

Peace

Keith M Davie

OK, so I used the attached coding except that I am using a drop down menu. It works great off my machine (using my machine as a server) but when I upload the files onto our real web server (which is running off a MAC) is does not work! It finds NO records when I know the records are there. It almost seems like it's performing a FIND on the field "Location" (which is where I want it to perform the find) but it seems like it's looking for any records with the text "==" in it. HELP!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Keith M. Davie:

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" width="61.8%">

<tr><th align="right">Field Name 1:</th><td align="left"><input type="hidden" name="field name1" value="=="><input type="text" name="field name1" value="" size="25"></td></tr>

<tr>

<th align="right">Field Name 2:</th><td align="left"><input type="hidden" name="field name2" value="=="><input type="text" name="field name2" value="" size="8"></td></tr>

<tr>

<th align="right">Field Name 3:</th><td align="left"><input type="hidden" name="field name3" value="=="><input type="text" name="field name3" value="" size="12"></td></tr>

</table>

<center>

How many fields do you want to exact search? Just keep adding.

Peace

Keith M Davie

quote:

Originally posted by tgomez:

It works great off my machine (using my machine as a server) but when I upload the files onto our real web server (which is running off a MAC) is does not work! It finds NO records when I know the records are there. It almost seems like it's performing a FIND on the field "Location" (which is where I want it to perform the find) but it seems like it's looking for any records with the text "==" in it. HELP!!!

See below, this might be the reason...it is quoted from the article #: 104829 on the FileMaker TechInfo page.

"Note that if the file is hosted by FileMaker Pro Server 3.x, the exact match search will not work. The request from the browser will not process correctly and the user will get an error message indicating there were no records that matched their request. This is the same behavior as trying to use an exact match find from a guest when the host is FileMaker Pro Server 3.0."

This topic is 8669 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.