creating links

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi. I am v new to FM and databases in general. However I’ve spent a bit of time trying to find a way to link a document to a record in FM Pro. I don't want to copy and paste the body text into a field, but I do want to create an actual link that I'll be able to click, which will open up the linked document. I'm happy to amend format of document into a pdf or even an HTML page if this is a work around. I have many records that all need at least one or more documents linked in somewhere. Definitely using Mac os but not sure if it's jag/panther or tiger. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

You can do that kind of thing reasonably easily (actually trivially) with FM 8 (7 too?) but the links will break if the files are moved.

I don't think that 6 would be too easy - without applescript or something like that and again, the links will break if you move the files so you have to really think that part out before you start.

I'm not sure that I'm understanding everything you are asking, but you can use the Open URL script step and a field to go to a Web page, or to open files on your hard drive too.

If I missed the point, let me know.

Lee

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.