Filtered Portals using Checkbox

Mark Thiessen

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to filter portals with checkboxes. Each record in the portal can have 1 of 5 different status's. Above the portal is a checkbox for each status. I'd like the user to see only the records that match the status of the checked items. After working on this for several hours I'm beginning to think it can't be done in Filemaker. It seems I need an "OR" instead of "AND" operator when creating the multi-value relationship. I've attempted several workarounds with no success. Has anyone solved this or have I ran into a limitation of Filemaker?

A multiline for the left side of the relationship (in this case your status checkbox field naturally produces a multiline), joined to the Status (single entry field) in your child table, will produce an OR condition, ie, each checked item will be treated as a separate left-side key and complete the relationship. So join your checkbox (global text) field to your child status field on =. Each time they check an item, it will produce an OR match. :wink2:

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.