Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Recurring Port Conflict Error

This topic is 8661 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am running FMP5/U and allowing Web Companion to function as web server. There is no other web software installed on my machine. Almost daily, however, FMP fails, and on restart shows the error "...port number conflict. Please configure plug-in to use a port number other than 80."

I have reinstalled FMP, moved to another server, and still get the same results. A "test" version (using a separate license), developed at the same time with the same code, however, has yet to fail in that way. I can run them side-by-side, and whichever machine the production version is on is the one where FMP fails.

Could server load be an issue? If FMP is overwhelmed with HTTP requests, would it confuse its own traffic with another web server?

I am running both the production and test versions on PM8600 with over 100Mb RAM. The web pages were developed with HomePage, and are nothing really out of the ordinary.

Any advice is appreciated. I am migrating to a 2-tier approach on NT with IIS, but urgently need an interim fix.

--Entroloper

If FM fails, you should restart. If FM does not close properly there is still some information in memory. When you lauch it after the crash it thinks that port 80 is taken. The only way around that is to restart. Do you get any error message when FMU fails? What is happening when it fails? You will get more out of FMU when you use IIS as your web server with FMWSC and FMU on another machine.

• Newbies

Thanks for the response -- I didn't think of port 80 already being allocated. As for the actual failure, I am not sure -- I have a program watching to relaunch the app, and the "error log" tic box on Companion won't select. Is there any other way to capture a failure code?

This topic is 8661 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.