Selecting ALL in a TAB view to cut or paste

This topic is 6420 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a way of Selecting ALL in a TAB view to cut or paste WITHOUT selecting the tab...it seem like once I get all the fields in that the only way to get them all out if a "goof" occurs is to shift click them one by one....dragging multiple moves the tab view..and I can't unselect the tab view with a shift click.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul:

Is there a way of Selecting ALL in a TAB view to cut or paste WITHOUT selecting the tab...

I think so, if I understand what you're asking. In Layout mode, start with your mouse outside the Tab panel so it does not get selected. Press down on the mouse as you normally would, and drag it to select the elements you need to copy or cut. The resulting selection will be the elements in that Tab panel only.

So long as you start with your mouse in "dead space" to avoid selecting an object or field outside the Tab panel when you begin your click/drag, you should be able to select your targeted elements. I tend to start from the left or right of the Tab panel, but one could also begin above or below, depending on where the elements are positioned within the Tab panel.

Personally, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of Tab panels, but they are "different animals" in many respects. I started having more success once I realized they're essentially "layers." Having always been the kid at the back of the class, there's hope for everyone.

... man, I hope that's what your question was about. :P

This topic is 6420 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.