Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Record limitations with Web Companion

This topic is 8617 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am having a problem with a Filemaker Pro5

Database only returning a maximum of 25 records when using the web companion. I am using javascript with the -findall request which should find all records. I set the layout to reflect one field which exists in all records. I even tried running a script to show all records before doing the find. It seems no matter what I do I only get 25 out of 54 records. Does anyone know of any limitations or have seen this problem before?

Everything works fine from Filemaker. I only see the problem when connecting with the Web Companion. I am using Internet Explorer 5.0 on Windows 2000.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt.

• Newbies

Well I just solved my own problem. It appears that if you don't set the -max parameter (maximum records) Filemaker sets it for you at 25 records. When I increase the -max field greater than the number of records I get them all. I guess you have to predict what the maximum records are going to be and make sure you set it higher. It would be really nice if Filemaker documented these "Features" (unless I just missed it but I don't think so).

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this.

Matt.

This topic is 8617 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.