Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Unexpected error

This topic is 6424 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Am using FMS 5.5 Unlimited (not limited to x users). Currently serving about 30 databases (including related files). Suddenly getting the error " cannot be opened because it would exceed the host's capacity. Try again later."

I thought this error could only be sprung if the databases were opened via a mounted volume. My users are definitely not opening files in this way. They're all using the Hosts button. And, on my FMS machine, two fmserverd daemons are definitely running. Any ideas why I'm seeing this odd behavior?

Thanks very much

There is no such product as FMS 5.5 Unlimited. FileMaker Pro 5.5 Unlimited was a version of FMP that allowed for multiple Web Connector conenctions. It was not a server product. It had the same peer to peer connection rules as any other FMP client product, in other words very limited.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the modern versions of the products.

No further comments from me as I have already violated policy here.

Steven

My mistake, I meant to say FMS 5.5. Thanks for the suggestion, actually we are already in the process of upgrading to FM 8.5 and FMS 8.

How are you violating a policy by answering a question posted by a member of this forum?

" cannot be opened because it would exceed the host's capacity. Try again later."

I don't recall that error.

You might check the server settings for the maximum number of files, the maximum number of users, or if that doesn't shed any light on the problem, restart, and finally, reinstall.

This topic is 6424 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.