Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows extensions and FM runtime

Jeff Bills

This topic is 6417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a runtime solution I created in Windows 2000 that uses the extension "exr"

The user has the option to "save a copy as" thus producing multiple small databases that act like documents. I'm aware there are other ways handling this information but this is what the user likes.

The user was able to double-click any of the .exr documents to start the Filemaker runtime solution. Something happened, I don't know what, but while accessing one of the "exr" databases, Windows asked to "Find the application." The user located the FM runtime solution and it fired up.

The downside is that the user LOST the ability to double-click the .exr documents and now has to open them from within the Filemaker solution. I've tried adjusting the properties on each .exr database and it worked on some but not all the documents.

Is there someway I can get Windows to point all ".exr" documents to the FM solution again?

All have the same binding key. I also found out yesterday that Lucas Arts uses the .exr extension for one of their programs/pictures/filemanipulationwhatever but the client doesn't have that on their computer.

I'm not superiorly familiar with the Windows operating system.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.