Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP Tags

This topic is 8599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just upgraded from FMP 4 to 5 and I cannot for the life of me reason why FileMaker (te company) decided to leave the CDML reference database from the vanilla installation. I mean, what's it gonna cost to put it in?

Without this simple piece of documentation, there is virtually *NO* reference material included with the program. The books have nothing on CDML and the on-line help has none either. How are people supposted to learn the ropes if there is no documentation?

Get a grip on yourself, FileMaker Inc. Post it on the web or something.

Right behind you Vaughan!!! It really makes no sense at all. FileMaker really should make the information available on the web. This could only encourage users to utilize CDML and FileMaker (unless this somehow infringes on some secret agreement with Blue World, since CDML is a subset of their web scripting language Lasso?)

That link refers to the FMP 4 CDML codes If you have nothing it's greate (it's all you need if you are still developing for FMP4!) but it does not have the codes introduced with FMP5. But from what I can tell it's only a couple of things anyway.

Thanks for the list. I only hope the site's maintainer doesn't get into troubloe with the copyright...

This topic is 8599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.