Referring to items in portal from layout

strokhan

This topic is 8429 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a database that is recording medical findings. An option within each entry is to the finding to the patient. So I have another layout that I want to check the portal, and if it has "yes" checked for report to patient, I would like a series of fields copied over to the letter. The problem is that I can't get the letter to look at anything past the first entry in the portal. Does anyone have any experience that they would be willing to lend to me for this? If I am not being clear enough, please let me know.

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Shawn Trokhan:

I have a database that is recording medical findings. An option within each entry is to the finding to the patient. So I have another layout that I want to check the portal, and if it has "yes" checked for report to patient, I would like a series of fields copied over to the letter. The problem is that I can't get the letter to look at anything past the first entry in the portal. Does anyone have any experience that they would be willing to lend to me for this? If I am not being clear enough, please let me know.

Do not do this kind of operation on a portal. The reason is that the operations look to the relationship, not the portal, which is simply a display device. Operations that work on a specific record only work on the first record in the relationship.

Do these kinds of operations directly in the related file.

This topic is 8429 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.