OS X bind buggy?

Rob P

This topic is 6341 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Take the solution to another Mac and see what happens. If you don't have another machine then I'll test it for you (or maybe others). I know that the download will be large (50Mb), so you'll need to post an ftp address where it can be downloaded.

HTH

• 3 weeks later...

I do not know the details but my tech support guys tell me that 10.4.6 was a "bad" update from Apple.

Why not try updating to 10.4.8 and then re-installing Filemaker?

Have you tried reparing permissions or doing more common repairs on your system?

It's seems silly but worth a stab.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem.

I'm using FileMaker Advanced version 8.0 and 8.5, and the same thing happens either way.

I make the runtime app, and I can run the application once. From there on out, the runtime app just refuses to launch. It bounces once in the dock and quits.

I'm running 10.4.8 on both my machine and another test machine. My test machine is virtually a clean install of OS X, I'm pretty sure that's not it. What could be causing the runtime to quit starting up after the first time? Frustrating!

FileMaker's knowledgebase has a very brief article that says this behavior should have been fixed in 8.5, but obviously it hasn't been yet.

http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=6131&p_created=1152572921&p_sid=2WZx-hri&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NzY2JnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1tYWMgcnVudGltZSBkb2Nr&p_li=&p_topview=1

This topic is 6341 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.