How to Find/Replace across multiple RECORDS?

This topic is 6363 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hope I am in the correct forum. I am very new to the whole Filemaker thing, am taking over for our previous admin. We're using Filemaker 7. I am mostly used to working client side. There is one thing I have not been able to figure out in all this time.

Is it possible to use the Find/Replace function across multiple records (instead of fields), so that I can change certain values across all the records? I can't figure out how to do this no matter how much I have looked. I am assuming it is possible. (Or is it?)

All you have to do is check the "All record" radio button in the Find/Replace dialog. You should also get to know the "Replace" command under the Records menu, which allows you to do more complex calculated replaces.

In both cases the replace actually affects not "all" records, but all records in the current found set.

PS: This is not the right forum, but it's OK. I would suggest "Finding & Searching" as a good fit for this particular question. Don't worry about it, welcome to the forums, you'll get the hang of it.

This topic is 6363 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.