How to get filemaker server to be seen across a LAN

This topic is 6334 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have been having some trouble on setting up a Filemaker server access from different part of our LAN. Accessing Filemaker server is ok in one part of the building but unable to be seen from another part of building. We run DHCP across our network and I have been advised that there isn't a LAN issue as I can ping the server from point of access but I cannot see the server when I open filemaker and try the remote access button any ideas?

Edited by Guest

You may have some ports blocked in a router or switch.

FM needs to broadcast on port 5003 for both TCP and UDP.

See also: http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5301&p_created=1119565088&p_sid=Vz2Hwini&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTEmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXBvcnQgNTAwMw**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Also, hosted files won't be visible in different subnets. If the host isn't in a separate protected private range, you should be able to manually add the server's IP address to a client's favorites and connect that way.

This topic is 6334 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.