Need help with portals and relationships please, example included *UPDATED*

HPage

This topic is 6362 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there, as you will see in the attached example I have a database for a training company with layouts for Clients, Learners, Trainers, Courses etc. In the Client Layout there is a portal under the learners tab to show which learners have been employed by the current client. The same goes with the Learners Layout where there is a portal with the employment history of the learner. This works perfectly. Now I want to add the Courses the Learner attended in the same way. I tried to do it exactly as I did with the employment relationship, but it doesn't work. I would really appreciate it if somebody could check out my problem and tell me what it is I am doing wrong.

May I add that this is my first database ever.I have no training whatsoever and I am basically figuring it all out as I go along, so I know I could be doing a lot of things wrong, thus any other comments/criticism on my project would also be appreciated.

Hendré

*UPDATE*

Its almost working now, my only problem is that Filemaker wont allow me to enter values into the first row of the portal. If I add data in the record directly, In other words creating the first row in the portal, I can add second, third, etc. rows of data into the portal. What wrong? Why wont it let me enter data into the portal when there is no data yet? I hope I made myself clear.

*UPDATE 2* :P

Problem solved! Stupid me : Somehow I accidentally created an invisible portal that overlapped the other portal and mucked things up! I feel quite stupid now, but at least the problem is solved.

I would still appreciate some criticism on my project though.

Thanks

AcumenClone.zip

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6362 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.