Xfering from HyperCard 2.2 to FM Pro 8.5

This topic is 6356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm trying to find a quick, solid way to transfer

data from multiple-line fields in HyperCard 2.2 to FM Pro 8.5.

I have a small business, and have an invoicing-project tracking "stack" that has a multi-line field for the products/services offered ("Description"), and another that shows what each item/service costs ("Elements"). (Don't ask why it was called that, I dont' know either). "Description" holds each product/service, each one showing up on a separate line. Each corresponding line in "Elements" shows the cost for each entry for the product/services listed. The "Elements" entries will total to a field called "Total Services Rendered".

It's important that each item/cost show up on the proper line if transferred to corresponding repeating-line fields in FileMaker.

I've learned that you have to change the carriage-returns in the

HyperCard fields to another value before FileMaker's repeating

field will place the data on individual lines, as in the HyperCard

multiline field. I'm sure this issue has been addressed by some of you folks before, so I'm in hopes someone has some suggestions.

I've been a HyperCard user since 1985, and I've got a ton of records in in that format that need to move into Filemaker.

Help.

Jack

I just did a google search for [color:blue]hypercard to filemaker and got several hits. This is one of the hits that seem to explain how to do it. Link

You mentioned repeating fields. I think you would be a lot better off using a relationship and TOs instead.

HTH

Lee

I also did a search of the Forum here using [color:blue]+Hypercard +FileMaker (including the plus signs), and it returned several hits also. Take a look at the one titled Hypercard.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 6356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.