How do I Grab Info from another template??

dlindo

This topic is 5786 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am sure some of you have done this because it seems to be simple, i just don't know how to do it.

I have a Contacts Managing template (for customers and their info) and a Purchase Orders Template. I would like to fill in the customer's info on the contacts management template and then somehow be able to select or click a button here and appear there type stuff to get the customer's info on the Purchase Order template.

For example...

On the Contacts Management template i have John Doe's address, company name and tel #s and I when I make a purchase order for him i would like that info to somehow get there. lol

I am VERY confused with all of this stuff. Can anyone help? thank you all for your time!

Yes! That's it...and if I could create a NEW order and click on the ones on file to see what they are (which I THINK i can handle...haha)

BUT...when I create the new file how would it make a new record under a different file (purchase orders file) :) is that possible?

Hello dindo look at this thread,

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/182086/post/229718/hl//

and look at the example mr vodka made for me, his second from last post, very simple to understand

This topic is 5786 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.