Message Pad Solution

This topic is 6350 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I apologize if I am breaking protocol. (I posted in the FX.php section as well)

I am trying to recreate a message pad solution that I built in FileMaker so it is accessible via the web. I currently have 12 employees, working remotely from home offices. This system would allow me to keep track of who is in the office / appointments etc...

I have very little web knowledge, I know just enough html to be dangerous and I have worked with front page.

From my description, is this something that I can use fmstudio to build this site for me? I would like to have this implemented before Christmas. Is this possible?

Regards

T.Beasley

Hi Thomas,

I see that you are trying to recreate a message pad solution. What version of FileMaker did you use to write the solution?

The solution does not sound extremely complex from your description. If you would like to send me the file(s), I will gladly take a look.

FMStudio uses Dreamweaver, so you would need to have a copy of Dreamweaver. You can download a 30 day trial at http://www.adobe.com

Do you plan on hosting the website yourself, or will you be using a FileMaker hosting company?

FMStudio works fine with locally and remotely hosted files.

I think that from what you described however, you could certainly use FMStudio to build your solution. You can email me your files at [email protected]

In Kindness

Stephen Knight

Stephen,

Thank you for your prompt response. Yes, the solution is quite simple, but I desperately need to have this implemented to keep track of my employees. (They work from home offices)and it has been quite a task seeing who is where and when.

I have attempted using Instant Messaging, but you can imagine 12 people constantly messaging each other, and little getting done.

I would like to proceed with FMStudio, and I will download a trial version of Dreamweaver.

I will also email a copy of my database to you, I would appreciate any comments. I am hoping that it will be simple to reproduce.

FMStudio looks like a great product, hopefully it will be the magic bullet I need!

Regards

T.Beasley

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for sending me your database. I have reviewed your files, and I do not think that you will have any problem building your solution with FMStudio.

Please feel free to post questions here, as well as the FMStudio forum.

Also, if you don't mind, as you progress with the project, we would love to see what you come up with!

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

In Kindness

Stephen Knight

This topic is 6350 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.