Looking to Buy: 1 copy original FileMaker 1.x (Nashoba/Forethought)

This topic is 6349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Anyone who is in a position of selling a copy of the original Nashoba Systems / Forethought product FileMaker 1.0, you've got a customer here.

(No, I'm not expecting to do any major development chores with it, I just want to finish my collection of ancestral / legacy versions. Oh, BTW, I would take any available copies of Nutshell for DOS off you hands if you have it availble, too...)

Well, I have FileMaker Plus (French version only but an English version is on its way to me now), which is the next-to-earliest version of FileMaker. And I have everything subsequent to that. (Which perhaps explains why I want original FileMaker 1.0, to round out my collection)

I don't know if even the oldest FileMaker can open MSDOS Nutshell format (??), but if it will I can convert your data to any of the more modern formats and send it back to you.

Edited by Guest
Edited by AHunter3 in order to improve on the post, like duh, why else would I be editing the bleeping thing?

Working on it. In the FSA TechTalk archives I found the claim that FileMaker 3 can convert Nutshell 2.0 database files if you drop them on the FmPro 3 application (on a Mac). I haven't had that luck but am making inquiries.

Any idea if this database was created in Nutshell 2.0 as opposed to Nutshell 1.1 or 1.0 or whatever?

This topic is 6349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.