Page Break Issues

This topic is 6349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout that I wanted printed on one page. However, the trailing grand summary and footer print on the second page. I've checked my page set up, the orientation is correct and the size of the paper is correct. I've also checked the part set up and it is correct. What else could be the reason my layout is printing on two seperate pages? Please advise.

Hi Mary,

Welcome to the forum.

The combination of parts do not have enough room to print on the page according to FM's estimate. One thing you can look at is in layout mode > Layout setup > printing tab. There you can adjust the print margin settings. Reduce the margin to give more page to the printed objects.

If that does not work you could look at sliding. In layout mode, select your trailing grand summary or footer if their size (# of lines) can vary and select the format menu > set sliding / printing, to allow the section to srink.

Filemaker does not allow force print to 1 page (adjust to 1 page) as a function. Really would be nice if it did.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Dear Tim,

Thank you for your response. I greatly appreciate it.

However, I tried both of your suggestions and it did not work. Perhaps I can give you more information that would help?

I have a portal set up on the layout that originally showed 30 lines, but I've narrowed it down to 10 lines, hoping that would help. It did not.

At one point when I first set up the layout, it did print all on one page. But in the midst of working on it, I must have changed something that has affected the print of it. I've been researching in help and trying all of those solutions, and I'm still at a lost.

Do you have any more suggestions I can try?

Thanks again,

Mary

Hey Mary,

How much white space is in the body section? Reduce the size of the body section by draging the body tab upwards. You will see the dashed lines which tell you where the page breaks.

FM is trying to give you a print out of what you see. White space in the middle is important because FM thinks you need it in the print out.

Let me know if that helps.

Tim

This topic is 6349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.