Please debug me a short invoice print script

This topic is 6317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello forum so i have made a script and most of it works, but it only prints 1 invoice even though my find criteria shows 4 records, here are my steps.please see picture.

the aim of the script is to find all invoices that are closed, go to another layout that shows my finished invoice layout (report_invoices) and print them.

i have tried many methods "loop" "get" etc but no luck so far.

thanks and sorry i could not type the text in my post not figured that out either yet.

print.png

Edited by Guest

Double Click your print script step, up the very top where it has a drop down that at the moment will say something like "Print Current Record Only" change this to all records being browsed.

Thanks Genx but it still does not work, i still just get 1 invoice trying to print, i am using the job time tracker by soliant consulting (downloaded from filemaker.inc) and have now tried for hours but no success,

i tell the script to go to "jobs" find all jobs that i have marked as closed, i then run a script "generate invoice" this saves me from pressing a button on every single job to create an invoice. it should then go to the "report invoice" a page that has my logo and address. and to print these records but it does not want to generate these invoices. i think there is something in the "generate invoice" there is also another script that is "invoice_print_report" script that is stopping me getting any further. i have included the file with my script i am using if anyone can tell me where i am going wrong..still struggling with this one.

======================================

The file was created by Soliant Consulting for filemaker inc a free download, if a mod or admin does not agree with me posting this file please remove or delete my post thanks.

======================================

Robert

EDIT: To download the file http://www.filemakertrial.com/creative/form/entryppc.aspx ... i think that's the kit? I've removed it just in case, i'm not sure if it's breaching anything but better to be safe than sorry :)

Wow that was quick Genx yes that is what i need,i have say 100 invoices to print and would like to automate this thank you for your help

Open up your print invoice closed script, and just remove the Enter Find Mode[Pause] script step all together, you're using Go To Related Records, which eliminates the need for Find Mode in this case.

thanks i have done as your instructions but i only get 1 invoice to print i would like all the invoices to be ready for print i think there are 3 in the supplied file but it only shows me one to print.

what i would like is to find all the jobs that are closed generate an invoice for all these jobs then print all of these invoices. thanks for your time and wisdom.

I'm honestly confused by the file to be honest... Or rather what in particular you are trying to achieve with your script..

So you want:

To find all the jobs that have a closed status, and generate one invoice for all the jobs?

Sorry Genx, i want to find all the jobs that have a status of closed.

then generate an invoice for each job which it now does thanks to you.

i would then like the script to print all the invoices, 1 invoice for each job as your PDF example shows, at the moment i have to go to the "invoice tab" on the job layout and click "print invoice" top right, it would be nice if i could print all these invoices that have been generated in one go hope my question is clearer.

Robert

I swear they couldn't have made these scripts any more confusing if they tried, especially they're table occurance naming, and trying sort through it is just hell... Even for me.. and i've been doing this for a while, how is it going to be any use to a begginer developer, this would have just gone straight over my head at the start...

Anyway, to the point :)

I'm having trouble making heads or tales of this file... but, okay, you want to: Find all the jobs that are closed, then find all the time entries that are related to each of these jobs, and generate an invoice for... time entries, or jobs? And do you want a seperate page for each of these invoices, and if so... time entries or jobs? Or am i misunderstanding completely?

yes i know it is confusing i would like it to output the invoice for JOBS please.like your pdf layout shows, this is my first real big script so i thought it was just me being a noob thanks for staying with this problem i appreciate it.

========================

I'm having trouble making heads or tales of this file... but, okay, you want to: Find all the jobs that are closed, then find all the time entries that are related to each of these jobs,[color:purple]yes please the script does this and generate an invoice for... time entries, or jobs?[color:purple]jobs please with a list of time entries like your pdf shows And do you want a seperate page for each of these invoices, and if so... time entries or jobs?[color:purple]yes please a seperate invoice for each job even if it outputs a 100 page PDF that i can print

[color:orange]Thank you and no rush

Edited by Guest

My situation is the exact same as yours, and the only other step I need is to have the script get a related picture of the actual job that is being invoiced and print that behind the invoice. I have asked this same question a few months ago and was never able to get it figured out. If you do get a script that works please post it, because it would help me out too.

This topic is 6317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.