How can I make a cover sheet for my layout?

phil goodwin

This topic is 6235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm struggling with the fundamentals. I've got a layout that works for me but I can't find the solution for my next step.

I want to make a nice-looking cover sheet which will be the first thing you see when you open up the PDF export of the layout.

I can't work out what I need -- is it a new record that I then re-design, or is it a layout part of some kind? I really just want to put some graphics on an A4 page with some text and stick it at the front.

Thanks for any tips. I've trawled help without success.

Phil

Hi

Many thanks. Half the battle is the terminology. Now I have the cover sheet I wanted.

But now... I want a second page at the top.

Given that you can only have on Title header part, how do I get another page which will be seen under the Title header and ahead of all the records?

(I want a page of text)

Thanks again for helping me out.

Phil

hi there,

I tried dragging the Title Header down. It creates more space but doesn't make a page break.

Double-clicking on the title header, only 1 option is available: "restart page numbers after each occurrence".

Is there a way I can force a page break on a Title Header?

Thanks,

Phil

• 3 months later...

I'm reviving this old thread because I can't make a 2-page cover letter using the previous message (dragging the Title Header). I've dragged it down to what looks like 5 pages deep and dragged the bottom text box down to match. What I get is the title page ends at the bottom of the first page, and then the Body starts promptly at the top of page 2. Did I do something wrong?

This topic is 6235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.