Jdbc connection to Filemaker 8.5

This topic is 6281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got Filemaker 8.5 and Filemaker Server 8, but what I'm interested in here is ordinary Filemaker Pro 8.5 at the moment because I use it for testing.

The advertising blurb says that you can connect via JDBC to ordinary Filemaker Pro 8.5 from the same machine, not from another machine.

Fine, but I've been trying for a whole day to connect to the port they say is waiting for jdbc connections which is 2399.

There's a TestJdbc programme that I've installed and have been using, but although the driver is alive and well it can't get anything other than Connection Refused out of the 2399 port.

I've got all the necessary permissions done, the user I'm trying to connect with has permission for the file, permission to use Jdbc, the file is open for sharing in jdbc, so what can be wrong?

There is nothing blocking the port, by the way, as Windows Firewall is off, and in desperation I even turned off the antivirus, but that made no difference.

My connection string is:

jdbc:sequelink://127.0.0.1:2399;serverDataSource=NuoviContratti;user=thingy;password=Whatever

Anybody know what on earth I can do?

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 6281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.