Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Relationships in FileMaker wpi

_Nick_

This topic is 6326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Nick, sorry, but this is not much better. The only answer to your question as you've put it is "It depends." FM has a variety of features for use over the web.

But, are you using Server? IWP? Are you planning to use PHP? ODBC? I'm not throwing terms out to confuse you--just to point out that there are many paths to enlightenment!

Each of these technologies has its strengths and weaknesses. In my experience, every technology has its own ways of accomplishing its goals, and FM is no exception. It sounds like you need some help deciding how to proceed.

Your messages suggest that you're trying to figure out how to do something, and having troubles. We can help better if you explain what you are hoping specifically to accomplish.

David

PS -- It has been my own experience (on this site and at others) that posting generalized rants about how broken something is really don't work, and I get a lot more help when I can state what's going wrong for me. There's a lot of expertise available, but you have to give us something to work with.

This topic is 6326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.