Copy data from one Field on Web

This topic is 8332 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a need to copy data in one field on a detail field after the user selects a record to look at from a find. I need to be able allow the user to then paste this value into another field in a different data base (not Fmpro, but a mainframe data base). If I can get the value on teh clipboard I am confident that it can be then pasted into the other data base which is also a web application.

Hi,

You can do this easily and automatically if your second database has a web interface with, lets say, a form and post action.

Make the form for database 2 a reply page from a Filemaker action and carry the field value as a token . You can then embed it straight into your second form field.

Mail me if I'm not being clear and I'll return a couple of html pages

regards, Jeff

• Newbies

Thanks for your suggestion but my problem is that I need to get the data from a field in FMpro to the clipboard so it is then available to the user to paste into another application. I have been able to the data into a token, but that does not seem to put the data into the clipboard. I have a script which will copy the contents of the field that works in FM, but I understand it is not wise to execute scripts on the web. What I simply need to do is copy the data into the clipboard. Any hints??

The user will have to copy the data themself. I'd doubt there would be a Java command to copy/paste info to or from the clipboard, imagine the havoc that would cause!

This topic is 8332 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.