A few thoughts on demo types

This topic is 6172 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've just had a few thoughts.

Firstly regarding Full Featured date demo's, you don't need to buy expensive software that monitors if the user changes the date... You just log the open date stamp in a field, and the next time the file is opened compare to make sure it's not less than whatever is stored in that field.

Now regarding other types of demo's (only four that i can think of), from an end user perspective what will likely give them the best / simplest "trial of the software" or what method do you prefer to use? -- Please vote.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm haven't checked this in a while, interesting results. I thought more people would've gone for the file open trial but oh well.

I prefer no demo for larger products B) Specifically just a movie overview with screen shots and depending on the type of solution - an in house presentation. This saves the user from fidgeting with the application...

For smaller solutions i agree with you guy's and think that the 30 day trial would probably be beneficial to the user but also potentially with some sort of video overview.

• 3 months later...

Genx--

The one app I built with demo capabilities used both time and file counts. Not that anyone ever tried cracking any of it. It included front-end/back-end comparisons as well. A test on startup ensured that an attempt to access the back-end directly triggered the front-end opening script.

All it seems to catch is my real clients every once in a while.

David

This topic is 6172 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.