Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scanning Document Into Container Field?

This topic is 6314 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There was an Italian product called InsideScan - a plug-in which allowed control of TWAIN scanners from within FM. Their websites have disappeared just before a "complete rewrite" of the software was due. I don't know of other solutions. Anyone else help?

SB

• Newbies

I bought the Inside Scan plugin about a month ago and it works pretty well. It does not allow enough control of the TWAIN driver for my need, but for scanning something into a container one document at a time - it does the job.

They are still online here at Power Solutions

and yes, they are promising a major rewrite to be released soon.

Another method that I am using at the moment is a command line TWAIN interface from Dynarithmic Software called Twainsave. However, it does not scan into a container or work directly with Filemaker in any way. I am scripting a Send Event with the parameters I need for the scanning job so that I can specify exactly what I want the scanner to do. Then I store a reference to the file in the container. Somewhat clumsy, but My Masters were more interested in speeding up the process of scanning than they were actually storing the scans in the database. (Then again, that does help with the database size in the long run.)

This topic is 6314 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.