Pasting Text results in 100's of "boxes"

This topic is 6326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi. We recently upgraded to version 7.0v3 from version 4 (for Windows). A common application was to copy/paste text from a terminal window into a FileMaker text field. This worked fine in version 4 (and works fine in every other application). However, in version 7 the pasted text contains hundreds of white "box" characters—This only affects the Windows version (not Mac). Anyone know how to prevent the input of the extra characters when pasting text into Filemaker.

Thanks!

Filemaker has turned unicode meanwhile... I would investigate if I could pipe the stuff from the terminal into a text file, instead of attempting to paste stylized data, in a for filemaker unknown format.

What "terminal window" are you pasting from?

--sd

• Newbies

Hi. Thanks for the response! The terminal app we use over here is "NetManage". We can copy/paste from it successfully into any application other than FileMaker, version 7—Copy/paste is the easiest method to grab selected fields from one of the many thousands of fields of data in our AS400. We hoped that is was merely a FileMaker setting that could easily be modified to allow this. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi Jackniko, I experience similar problems when pasting telephone numbers from MS Outlook Contact cards. Try (on a test file)an autoenter calculation with the "do not replace existing..." box unchecked.

Filter ( MyTextField ; " abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890-=`~!@#$%^&*()_+|[]}{';:"/.,?><")

Edited by Guest
put function inbetween code tags

This topic is 6326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.