Portal records over 2 lines?

mf

This topic is 8358 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have to find a way to print the details (one line per SKU) of a product. All is well until one product has a clearance price: they want to see the new price and the old price *below" it...

Can this be done with a portal (as it was) or should I use a totally different approach?

Thanks for your input...

Portal rows have no notion of "one line per row". Just drag the handles of the portal vertically and the size of each portal row increases. You can stack as many fields vertically in one portal row as you wish. This is in many ways the same as how many "lines" in a record in list view.

-bd

Unfortunately not. Portal rows won't slide, which is one reason why it's usually not the best idea to print portals, but to instead go to the related file that the portal looks into and print from there. Then you can set the body to have a description field that is two lines tall, but set the sliding for the field to slide up and to reduce the size of the enclosing part.

To get to the related file, you can use a Go to Related Records [show] command in a script and then a Perform Script [External] to print the page.

Chuck

Hummm... that was simple.

Is there a quota for "dumb" questions?

If I am allowed another one:

If the product is not being cleared, can the spacing between lines be reduced? (the "extra" line contains only the clearance price, if it exists, otherwise it is left blank).

I tried the sliding with no success.

Thanks for helping.

This topic is 8358 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.