Import error log?

This topic is 6254 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi. I'm importing records from another FM8 database. I know that the data that I'm moving may have some errors in it (does not comply to my field settings). So at the end of import I get the message of records skipped and fields skipped. Is there an error log somewhere which details which records were skipped and which fields? So I can pinpoint for the users which records they need to fix?

Thank you

Hi

I think that is easy to know which fields are not imported... they are all blank.

So go and create a new text field and change the import order; text field will accept all values coming from the other DB, so you'll know why those values weren't imported.

Thanks, but maybe I was not clear. It is importing some of a field but not all. It skips where the data is not correct. Some fields maybe just blank in some records where as inother records there is data that is not importing. I can drill down and figure out the records by importing them back on matching key and seeing wich ones are missing. Also I can figure out the missing fields by skipping import fields and seeing if more fields load. My question is is there a log (or a script) somewhere that will allow me to skip those steps and just tell me which records and fields were skipped.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6254 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.