modification function

This topic is 6278 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm trying to get multiple modification boxes stating the name of the person who modified it, the date, time, and reason. I've got the name and the reason figured out, but I can't figure out how to make multiple modification boxes. I know filemaker can create one easily but I must need a function to make more. What I need basically is a modified by 1, with name date time and reason, then a modified by 2 with name date time and reason, a modified by 3 and a modified by 4 with the same information. Is there any easy functions to do this? I'm a beginner and really don't know a whole lot about this.

I was thinking I could just have it check to see if modified one had any date and time information reference it to that and than when there was another modification to automatically put the information in modified by 2. than do the same for 3 and 4.

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

What fuction or part of this calculation is checking for modification? Heres the process and order of steps I need this setup as.

1. File is created and shows a record of this creation with name, date, and time.

2. File is registered into the system counting as a modification and also generates name, date, and time.

3. File is modified for the first time and needs to generate name, date, time, and require user to input a reason.

4. File is again modified and needs to generate name, date, time, and require user to input a reason.

I dont' understand the history part of this, what does this do?

An example of this setup.

This forum states the time and date a topic is created.

When it is editted another date/time is given and says whether or not a reason is given.

This forum doesn't duplicate editting of a single post, but basically it would say this

post created by soandso on date time

post editted by soandso on date time

post editted 2nd time by soandso on date time

post editted 3rd time by soandso on date time

this is basically what I need filemaker to do

Edited by Guest

All of the Audit solutions can be adapted to your files. Do a search of the Forum for [color:blue]+Audit or [color:blue]+Field +Modification +Tracking and you should pull up a few other examples of this.

If you are ordering 8.5 you might wait, as it is easier to do in it.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 6278 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.