Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM 4.1 - web companion to web server

This topic is 8712 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Can someone tell me is it possible and how to move teh FM files from teh web companion system to another web server system.

Let me explain - currently I have seven files accessible via the web using FM's built in web companion. What I want to do is utilise another more featured web server software - so I can use cgi, php etc and still have the FM files active

Am I making sense?

Please help

Greg

Greg, I belive that the FM Web companion pages MUST reside in the FM Web folder (or a subdirectory thereof), but that shouldn't be a problem for you. Leave them where they are, but change the FM PORT number to 591 (which is the number FM recommends). That way you can install a new, full-featured Web server on the same machine and set its port to the regular HTTP port of 80.

Once you've done that, you can link back and forth between the FM Web pages and your regular Web pages. The only difference is that you must add :591 or :80 to the URLs when you're referring from one to the other.

Here's another tip: be sure there are no spaces or pound (#) signs in your FM layout names as that can screw up URLs. So, "Layout #1," for example, would be a trouble-maker in a URL.

Hope that helps.

--Jeremy

quote:

Originally posted by jbutler:

Once you've done that, you can link back and forth between the FM Web pages and your regular Web pages. The only difference is that you must add :591 or :80 to the URLs when you're referring from one to the other.

Come to think of it, the :80 is not necessary since its the standard. But if you are linking from one of your "normal" Web pages to a FM page, you do need to include :591.

This topic is 8712 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.