Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Breakdown Date Range by Month

This topic is 6272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good morning,

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this question but I need to ask it anyway.

If someone searches for a particular date range to generate a report of enrollments for that period, how can I convert that date range to display each month/year in the period?

For example, If I wanted to know the number of enrollments for December 2006 and January 2007 I would have to search a range (12/01/2006...01/31/2007) but the enrollments would be lumped together. I want to see the results from month to month.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm working in FM 7 currently if that helps.

There are several approaches ... my favorite (picked up from Comment) is to create a calculation (result is date) with:

EnrollmentDate - Day ( EnrollmentDate ) + 1

This will turn all your enrollment dates into one generic month date (the first of the month) for each date. This date can then be used to summarize by month (just change date format to custom so it displays as February, 2007 but will summarize the years separately. This date will sort properly (unlike text-dates or month names etc) and it is also great to use in filtering relationships.

Update: I should mention that you then create a columnar list report with leading part. Place this date in the leading part and change its field format to display only month/year. Then sort your found set by this date. You'll be set.

LaRetta

Edited by Guest
Added Update

This topic is 6272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.