list of subsummaries

Hirezaudio

This topic is 6244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a list of invoices with a product; the quantity sold; the price of product; the royalty rate as a percentage and a calculation field that calculates the royalty rate times the price to give the royalty payment. It works fine.

I have them sorted by product.

I have a sub-summary with price summary and a royalty payment summary that shows what the total of the price paid is and the total of the royalty payments owed. It shows up in the preview mode of my report just fine.

What I would like is to see only a list of the sub-summaries without seeing the individual invoices. It would look something like this:

[product #1] [total quantity sold] [total of price] x [rate] = total royalty.

[product#2] [total quantity sold] [total of price] x [rate] = total royalty.

etc.

I am unable to make this happen with out having the individual invoices showing in the report. Is this possible to do?

thanks in advance,

Jack

so basically you want the totals for the invoices rather than the detail itself? (trying to check that im answering the right question).

If...

the individual invoices calculate their own total royalty. and

the products are attached via a relationship (as im imagining)

... cant you just list the individual products and only the fields you want, instead of using the summaries?

if all else fails remove the fields for the invoices for you report, close the body area to 1px, and leave the summaries in? (havent tried this)

This topic is 6244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.