FMKEY

Jscott

This topic is 6242 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I purchased a program called FMKEY and it completely reverse engineered my FM solution by re-writing all passwords including my admin account.

Is there a way to stop this? Or does anyone have any recommendations?

I also just bought Datavault and implemented that, but I do not know how to encrypt usernames or passwords.

Thanks

That did nothing except remove my account. This program 'FMKey' still displayed every account and next to it new passwords for each of the accounts.

This disturbs me, because that provides people with the capability to gain access into different privileges.

I have tried everything I can think of to stop it, but to no avail. because even on a runtime, the flat file is within the folder.

Yes, this is how those password resetting utilities work. It is a boon for people that lose their password, but a potential problem for developers deploying a runtime. If you your users (or competition) might be inclined to use such a technique to skirt your security, removing the [Full Access] account is the best way to limit the risk of the file being modified and redistributed to someone else.

If you're more worried about the data being at risk to hackers, then encryption of the files and physical security of the machine is the way to go. Or, go with a hosted solution and maintain physical security of the host machine and all backups.

This topic is 6242 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.