Tabbing to new record

This topic is 6269 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am brand new to Filemaker, and am still learning a lot of the basics. I am currently having an issue with something I am sure is very rudimentary. I have Filemaker version 8.5, and the best way I can describe my issue is this: If you go into Filemaker 8.5 and pick the Business-Finance/Purchase Orders template, and then go to the List View Layout, I am trying to recreate that layout. My issue is, unlike the template, when I reach the last field and hit tab, it does not create a second record on the line below...it goes back and writes over the existing line. I have examined as many properties I could think of in the template layout to try and figure out what I'm missing, but I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for putting up with this newbie.

If you hit tab in the last field in List View, it goes back to the first field for me, when using the Business-Finance/Purchase Orders template.

I'm sorry...I mis-understood. I could have sworn that I've seen that template add a second line, but you're right...it goes back to the first field. I guess I should re-phrase my question: Is there a way to add a second row? Basically, it would look like a table, but with the layout of the form.

Nah, don't feel that way, Hefty--I've been using FileMaker for over ten years now and I still slap my forehead on occasion over stuff that's obvious or simple.

This is a great board so don't be too shy to ask questions; more often than not, other users are probably struggling with the same ones.

This topic is 6269 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.