Server Maintenance This Week. ×

intellipoint mouse drivers cause problems with FM

RickBman

This topic is 6250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

First off, I am still using Filemaker 6 with all the latest updates for it on and Windows XP system.

I recently have installed the most recent version of the Microsoft Intellipoint Mouse drivers and they seem to cause problems with filemaker. In some cases it just causes the filemaker screen to flicker noticeably but in other cases in seems to actually cause filemaker to crash completely. It took me awhile to connect it to the mouse drivers, but uninstalling them seems to have fixed the issue. Has anyone else run into something like this?

just following up on this issue, just in case anyone else runs across it at a later date.

By the way, the version of the mouse drivers in question is the Intellipoint 6.1, I just noticed I forgot to include that in my first post.

It turns out that the problem was with the "task switcher" option of the mouse driver. This option allows to assign a function to a mouse button that when pressed brings up a window to easily switch between tasks and programs. Disabling this function seems to have stop filemaker from crashing all the time.

This topic is 6250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.