Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Moving to next record...

This topic is 8606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Doh.. I thought that posting this in the "CDML" section came with the assumption that I'm doing custom web publishing, not instant. I wanted to mimic the functionality in instant, but I see they are using the 'skip' method I stated above..

Anyone else know a way to do it differently?

Sounds like you're wanting to load all of the search results at one time and then use the browser to sequentially cycle through them?

I can think of 2 ways to approach this. The first is by using the HTML anchor function to jump to sections of the page. The second would be using Cascading Style Sheets - load each record in a seperate layer, make only one visible, then cycle through the records by toggeling the visibility attribute.

This is how I'm doing it:

1. Do a find

2. Search results are viewed in table view all at once

3. Click a link (record ID) to get to a form view of that record.

4. At the top of the page, I want a previous and next button that will take me to the previous and next records in the found set.

The web companion does this buy creating a link using the -skip tag, but it just increments that tag. I'm having a tough time figuring out how to increment that tag...

Can you increment that tag?

Hey, that's kind of useful - I put it on one of my pages!

Here's what I did:

1.In your database define a skip field as a non stored calculation: Status(CurrentRecordNumber)-1

2.Don't use the standard [FMP-LinkRecId...] link from the search result page to get the detail record. Instead spell it out with "-max" and "-skip" parameters:

<A HREF="FMPro?-db=mvhs&-format=/MVHS/detail.html&-lay=simple&-sortfield=Last%20Name&-op=cn&Graduation%20Year=1978&-max=1&-skip=[FMP-Field: skip]&-find=">

3. Put the following at the top of your detail record page:

[FMP-LinkPrevious]Previous[/FMP-LinkPrevious] | [FMP-LinkNext]Next[/FMP-LinkNext]

I want to show one record at a time after a search is completed. At the top of the page, I want to be able to move to the next or previous records from the search, just like 'web companion' does with instant publishing... question is:

When I do a search and have a set of found records, how can I move to the next record in the found set?

Do I have to do something really ugly like have a variable that keeps a 'skip count' and do the same find everytime with -skip placed in the URL?

thanks

This topic is 8606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.