FM Books Connector question...

This topic is 6241 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone here used the FM Books Connector from Productive Computing?

I'm able to create a new customer & invoice with the plugin, but I'm having a problem with searching to find whether the customer exists in QuickBooks or not. If so, what is the contents of the 'List ID' field (in QB) for that customer? I'm trying to search by the name field (which I know isn't the best search criteria, but it's the only thing I KNOW will be on the FM side).

The reason being is that when creating an invoice, I want to search to see if the customer already exists in QB - If so, then extract the ListID. If not, then create a new customer record.

The documentation that came with the plugin looks like it can perform such a feat. Either I'm programming it wrong (misunderstanding), or what I'm trying to do isn't possible. The sample program that it came with presumes that the ListID is already stored in the FM database (which might not be the case in my situation).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not stuck anymore. I was able to step through the scripting of the sample file and find out how to do what I needed (took a while!). There are other areas that I couldn't figure out, but I'm not going to worry about it.

This topic is 6241 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.