ClientUserName

This topic is 8594 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've been using this in my database now for a while, but I'm having a problem recently... One of the pages doesn't replace this tag with the user name like it should, it leaves it blank.

Does anyone have any information about this tag that would make it work on one page and not on another?

-db is the same database, everything else is exactly the same as well.

Any page that you want fmp tags to be replaced into must be the result of a CDML/fmp formatted page. A common way to accomplish this on the first page viewed, i.e. a home page, is by using a re-direct page that loads an fmp/cdml generated page with the desired tags.

I know the answer... Web Companion only authenticates on the password, not the username. When the authentication dialog box comes up on the browser, as long as the password is correct access will be granted irrespective of whether the user field is blank. (I do it myself sometimes...)

Go and see what the user is doing, they are probably only entering the password and leaving the user field blank. As far as I know there is no way to prevent it. Well, no easy way... there is always a way if you are willing to try hard enough!

[This message has been edited by Vaughan (edited November 08, 2000).]

This topic is 8594 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.