Value list & a self-join relationship

This topic is 8569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On a CDML page I am passing a query via a link that originates a page containing data from database A. This data is the name and address of a manufacturer. Each manufacturer is assigned to a category.

On this page I am also passing an FMP-inlineaction to search another database, database B, that searches for this manufacturer's distributors based on this category.

[fmp-inlineaction: -db=databaseb.fp5, -lay=table, category={fmp-currenttoken.1}, manufacturerid={fmp-field:manufacturerid}, -find]

Database B is a many-to-many join table that features many occurences of the manufacturers id as each time a distributor is assigned the maunfacturer id is also assigned to each record. This search obviously shows records that match the manufacturer id and category id shown as FMP-currenttoken.1

What I am trying to achieve is to get the search to pull through the town in which the distributor is based into a value list to allow for easy selection. The code I have is:

<select name="searchtown">

<option value="" selected>- Select a Town -[FMP-option:searchtown]

</select>

after which comes the [/fmp-inlineaction] tag.

In database B I have a value list field, searchtown, that shows a list of towns based on a self-join relationship with manufacturerID as the key. Therefore every time I do a search in FMPro and click on this field the value list only shows the town of those companies who have been returned in the search.

However, I cannot get this information to pull through onto the page in the browser. I've even tried setting up a similar field and relationship - so it's not a self-join - with another database and this doesn't work. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

GARY

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 8569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.