Why do I get err#4 every other search?

This topic is 8557 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have published a database using custom web publishing and when somebody performs a search FM sometimes gives an error message (err #4). There were 49 error#4 in the FMlog. As I said this doesn't happen all the time maybe every 15th search gives an error message. What could be causing this? It's frustrating that people who perform searches sometimes get these errors. If there are problems with the HTML code I suppose it would either work or not. Now it works mostly? The server is a G4 with FM4. Thanks for any help

Additional info:

I just did some additional troubleshooting and noticed that If you perform the search in netscape using "ENTER-key" to submit you get the error #4 every single time but if you click the submit button with your mouse it seems to work. Pressing enter or using the mouse doesn't seem to have an effect with MS IExplorer It just occasionally reports #4 error. This is weird. Any help will be appreciated.

Yes this is a known issue with Web Companion, pressing <return> in a form causes an error but Clicking Submit button works.

There is a code workaround that helps -- it kinda works sometimes.

Put a hidden field in the form...

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="-Find" VALUE=" ">

...where the NAME is the action of the button (-edit, -delete, -dup etc)

This topic is 8557 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.