Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server Wont Install after being uninstalled !!

This topic is 6238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Folks,

Hope someone can help here !

Yesterday, I installed fm server 5.5 on a customers win 2000 server (they won't upgrade as their software is sufficient)and then realised that the C drive was too small and decided to uninstall it and re-install on the d drive which had more room.

For some reason it wouldn't uninstall properly and when I tried to re-install it it would only let me repair and not istall it clean on the d drive.... So, I decided to try and remove all references to Filemaker server from the registry..... Now, when I try ot install fm server I get a message saying "The configuration data for this product is corrupt - Contact your support personnel"

Nightmare !

I was hoping someone knew if there was some way to get fm server installed back on the server - possibly some registery tweek or something - I'm at a loss !

Cheers folks if anyone can help !

FMS itself is not very big. You can install it on the C drive and put the data files on the D drive.

But if I were you, at this point I'd do a clean Windows + FMS install. Talk your customer into spending $50 on a bigger drive while you're at it.

This topic is 6238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.