Portal & GTRR

David Jondreau

This topic is 6218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a portal showing records from a table one step away. I've placed a button entirely inside the portal row, and set it to run the script step Go To Related Record. GTRR is set to Get related record from the same table the portal is displaying, and set to Show only related record, match current record only.

This script step brings me to the correct layout, but showing all the records in the portal, not just that one. Is this expected behavior? Is there a way to just get that one related record from the active portal row?

Thanks

DJ

This script step brings me to the correct layout, but showing all the records in the portal, not just that one. Is this expected behavior? Is there a way to just get that one related record from the active portal row?

Yes, this is how it works.

To get it to show only the selected record, you'll need to isolate that record after jumping to it. One way to do this is to use a self-join on the record ID, and another GTRR step. Or alternatively, if the self-join is in the graph, you can do it all in one step, with a GTRR to jump from the original portal selection through the portal's record and to the self-joined record.

This topic is 6218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.