'send mail' crashes application

tomp

This topic is 6197 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

One of my XP users is unable to use the email features of my application. No other users are experiencing any 'send mail' problems. The application is an FM7 bound solution

I have had her re-install the software and the problem continues. It is repeatable and apparently occurs everytime the 'send mail' script is used. She is using Outlook as her email client. Apparently, Outlook is working fine as a standalone.

The message she gets is '.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience....' and then the program closes.

What advice would you give this user? She is not computer savvy.

How would you troubleshoot this problem? The user is remote so a 'hands on' analysis by me is not feasible.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated!

TIA

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

We are experiencing the same problem. A simple Send Mail script works on my Windows 2000 computer but causes the to program to close on a coworker's Windows XP computer. We thought that it might be her Norton AV program so we disabled that and tried the Send Mail script - but got the same result. We are stumped. Any suggestions would be most welcome!

This topic is 6197 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.